How to use P4Gold
P4Gold has been designed to be a simple and quick test. Follow the 8 easy steps below to see your results in 10 minutes.
- Strip the teat 3 times before taking a sample into a pot. You only need milk from one quarter.
- Swirl the pot to mix up the milk and distribute the fat.
- Using the pipette, squeeze draw milk up to the base of the bulb.
- Squeeze 5 drops of milk into the test tube. This is the correct amount of milk , do not add more. Discard pipette.
- Using the dropper bottle, squeeze 3 drops of reagent only into the test tube containing the milk.
- Swirl the test tube to mix up the milk and reagent.
- Open the foil pouch and remove the test. Add the test to the test tube with the gold arrows pointing down. Leave in milk for exactly 10 minutes.
- Finished! Remove the test immediately once the 10 minutes is up and read the result.
It’s that simple! Head over to our How to read P4Gold page for tips on how to read your result and what it means.